Friday, June 24, 2011

Pesara pappu kattu


Ingredients
Moong dal 1 cup
Green chilies 2 to 3
Ginger small piece
Garlic 2 (Optional)
Turmeric powder a pinch
Lemon juice to taste
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves
 Seasoning
Oil 2 tbs
Mustard seeds ½ tbs
Cumin seeds 1 tbs
Dry red chili 1
Curry leaves
Method
Presser cook the washed moong dal along with green chili pieces, chopped ginger and turmeric powder for 5 mins.
Once the presser gone from the cooker then put the cooker on heat and add salt, about ½ glass of water and let it bring to boil.
Once it cooks well them add lemon juice and mix it well.turn off the heat.
Heat oil in a kadai then add dry red chili, Mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves.
Mix the seasoning in to the moong dal.
Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve with rice or chappati.

4 comments:

Neha @ All things beautiful... said...

Looks yummy!

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a note. Hope to see you often!

Andhra Plate said...

Thank you Neha.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh my goodness!, this is yummy and hope to make it soon, as my hubby and me love vegetarian food, so glad to meet you and so nice to have you visit, hope you come again soo. I will be your new follower too. FABBY

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh my goodness, the chutney looks super yummy, I love chutney with turkey and pork as a side thing. Thanks for visiting and for the nice comment, too. I am your follower now, hope we keep visiting. Hugs, FABBY